Remodeling our new house

The past couple of weeks have been very busy. Since getting the keys to our new place, and moving in a week after that, it’s been a crazy roller-coaster ride. The first week we spent doing all the demo work and started the finishing work. The biggest problem was a chimney we removed. The previous owners had informed us that the chimney had already been removed on the 2nd and 3rd floors. That proved to be only partly true: The chimney ran from the 1st all the way through to the second floor, where it ended. Kind of a bummer…. much more work to remove… But oh well! That’s all behind us now, and here are some pictures taken along the way:

Below a partly removed chimney next to the kitchen entrance.

Below the removed chimney:

Below you can see where the chimney on the second floor stood, before we removed it:

Below we opened up the kitchen entrance a bit more; I made the ceiling of the living room and kitchen connect creating a roomier feel to the place:

And finally the finished result after everything was plastered up and painted again! There is quite a bit more to do of course. And I will post some updates as things progress! Love doing all this, especially in my own home!

  1 comment for “Remodeling our new house

Leave a Reply